Author Topic: And the GVN was impaled to a guard rail  (Read 2571 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
And the GVN was impaled to a guard rail
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:30 AM »
RIP Dr Wahome Gakuru
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
Re: And the GVN was impaled to a guard rail
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:22:33 AM »
This is a horrendous accident.   I wonder what message he was taking to Kameme this morning.

Night driving in Kenya is very dangerous.   The visibility is very very poor.  It also looks like this car was travelling at very high speed.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »
What they wrote about him barely 24hrs before impalement

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:30:50 PM »
What a way to go.  Hopefully he was in too much shock to feel the worst if it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RVtitem

• VIP
  • Enigma

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 09:00:38 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=%E2%80%98guardrail+through+car&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&ei=kPIBWpXqMoG6vwTt2rO4Dg&start=60&sa=N

Looks like guard rails are very dangerous.

Especially through the windshield.  Or the just by avoiding the front of the car which is designed to absorb impact.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Globalcitizen12

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 09:17:59 PM »
Those guards are not properly secured

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »
hk Sorry on the untimely Dr Gakuru demise. I reckon you held him in veneration. It's a big loss for Nyeri and Kenya.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 09:02:14 AM »
My theory
The driver attempted a stupid stunt I have often done between Mlolongo and Machakos Junction; overtaking on the pavement.

He saw a lorry on the right lane with a boda boda behind it and jumped to the left to overtake.

As he approached the lorry, the Boda boda switched lanes as well to overtake. Boda boda was on slightly higher speed than the lorry meaning it obstructed the speeding Benz for some painful precious seconds. To the right is the lorry, to the left is the Boda.

Instead of braking AND stoping behind the Boda boda till all was clear, he braked, and then figured there was enough space between the overtaking boda boda and the guard rail.

He attempted to squeeze himself through that space.

To pull this off, the Benz has to be very much parallel to the rail lest he chews it.

Sadly he 'bit' part of the exposed rail edge with the left headlamp, onto the Tyre before impaling the GVN.

This explains why the Benz chewed the entire part of the guard rail without veering off the road/pavement. It never hit the rail at a tangent.

Back to my antics on Mombasa Rd. If there are painfully slow trailers and busy incoming traffic, I(and other idiots) step on the pavement and overtake the trailers ON THE LEFT.

A simple miscalculation will drive you under the trailer or throw you off. That or your ride gets some nasty scratches or even torn from the giant wheels and thick steel on your right!

PS
Like any other normal primate, nobody admits liability (especially when it borders on idiocy) in an accident. Work with that when following the driver's account

The pavement
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:07:03 AM by vooke »

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »
My theory
The driver attempted a stupid stunt I have often done between Mlolongo and Machakos Junction; overtaking on the pavement.

He saw a lorry on the right lane with a boda boda behind it and jumped to the left to overtake.

As he approached the lorry, the Boda boda switched lanes as well to overtake. Boda boda was on slightly higher speed than the lorry meaning it obstructed the speeding Benz for some painful precious seconds. To the right is the lorry, to the left is the Boda.

Instead of braking AND stoping behind the Boda boda till all was clear, he braked, and then figured there was enough space between the overtaking boda boda and the guard rail.

To pull this off, the Benz has to be very much parallel to the rail lest he chews it.

Sadly he 'bit' part of the exposed rail edge with the left headlamp, onto the Tyre before impaling the GVN.

This explains why the Benz chewed the entire part of the guard rail without veering off the road/pavement. It never hit the rail at a tangent.

Back to my antics on Mombasa Rd. If there are painfully slow trailers and busy incoming traffic, I(and other idiots) step on the pavement and overtake the trailers ON THE LEFT.

A simple miscalculation will drive you under the trailer or throw you off. That or your ride gets some nasty scratches or even torn from the giant wheels and thick steel on your right!

PS
Like any other normal primate, nobody admits liability (especially when it borders on idiocy) in an accident. Work with that when following the driver's account
Jeez, you really are a dangerous driver.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 05:43:19 PM »
My theory

PS
Jeez, you really are a dangerous driver.

Suicidal basically.  When I need a thrill I do roller coasters.  vooke should consider that outlet.

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 07:18:35 AM »

Bullshiet story right here.

He suffers a rear tyre burst, slows down, realizes a menacing truck behind him in a dual carriage is about to ram his rear, and he decides to hit the guard rail to avoid being smashed by the truck. Hits the rail ok, airbags deploy and causes him to hit the accelerator. Rail rips off the front tyre before slicing through the ride and impaling our learned GVN

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001259686/driver-speaks-out-on-vehicle-crash-that-killed-nyeri-governor-wahome-gakuru