Author Topic: Raila apologist should defend his lame attempt to incite people  (Read 7995 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Raila apologist should defend his lame attempt to incite people
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2017, 06:47:20 AM »
It obvious what Raila means by outsiders.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 08:40:12 AM »
I am willing to bet Raila wont go to kiambu, ruaka,mucatha,kinoo areas to discourage locals from selling their land where similar thing is happening. Besides its truly retrogressive to discourage development. The price of land has appreciated in kitengela giving locals a windfall that they can use to advance economically. The locals can lease land, enter into partnership with developers where land is their contribution, borrow against the land etc. Its amazing that someone would argue against asset commercialization. Selling the land its just one of the many things the locals can do with it if that's they deem fit.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »
Of course.I am glad Jubilee have unlock lots of land(key economic factor) by issuing nearly 4m title deeds...which I am told is nearly about the same number of titles that have been issued since independence. Jubilee should ensure everyone get a title deed...those who want to sell can sell...those who want to borrow loan from it can borrow..those who want to sit on it can also sit on it. Maasai need education...not huge tracts of land that have never really helped them..a fool and his money will soon part ways. There is nothing Raila or anyone can do to stop a stupid maasai from selling his land cheaply.Kalenjin use to sell lots of land because they were equally illeterate...my grandfather use to wonder why someone would pay for land...according to him land was limiteless..if you need more land..you just move to new place..so many Kalenjin use to sell land and make merry like Maasai are doing now. Moi saved people by banning alcohol and encouraging people to go to schools and church.
I am willing to bet Raila wont go to kiambu, ruaka,mucatha,kinoo areas to discourage locals from selling their land where similar thing is happening. Besides its truly retrogressive to discourage development. The price of land has appreciated in kitengela giving locals a windfall that they can use to advance economically. The locals can lease land, enter into partnership with developers where land is their contribution, borrow against the land etc. Its amazing that someone would argue against asset commercialization. Selling the land its just one of the many things the locals can do with it if that's they deem fit.

Offline Kadame5

• Superstar
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 03:16:20 PM »
Of course.I am glad Jubilee have unlock lots of land(key economic factor) by issuing nearly 4m title deeds...which I am told is nearly about the same number of titles that have been issued since independence. Jubilee should ensure everyone get a title deed...those who want to sell can sell...those who want to borrow loan from it can borrow..those who want to sit on it can also sit on it. Maasai need education...not huge tracts of land that have never really helped them..a fool and his money will soon part ways. There is nothing Raila or anyone can do to stop a stupid maasai from selling his land cheaply.Kalenjin use to sell lots of land because they were equally illeterate...my grandfather use to wonder why someone would pay for land...according to him land was limiteless..if you need more land..you just move to new place..so many Kalenjin use to sell land and make merry like Maasai are doing now. Moi saved people by banning alcohol and encouraging people to go to schools and church.
Pundit, if that worked for Lenyos then maybe it can work for Maa, education and information that is. Like you say, they don't really appreciate that it is a radically different economy they're operating in.

Hk, what is development if poor people become homeless after selling everything? That radical tea-party spirit has worked only to benefit a few. Countries that care about living conditions of all their people plan their policies on better principles than just 'willing buyer willing seller'.

Offline Kichwa

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 03:59:36 PM »
No my friend, its only obvious to certain people. Its a politically very polarized country and therefore we hear diametrically different things from the same speech. The notion that advising a poor person NOT to sell his/her only remaining parcel of land is "inciting violence" is ludicrous. Ati since Kenya is a capitalist country "willing seller, willing buyer"  one cannot caution poor people not to sell their only buffer to abject poverty. The alarming rate at which millions of Kenyans are spiraling into poverty is a governmental interests which needs immediate attentions than rich peoples rights to amass wealth by buying land from vulnerable poor folks.

"I have done my job and I will not change anything dead or a live" Malonza

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »
HK

The day you realize that there is more to life than "windfalls" and profits and what you call "development" is the day you would have become a full citizen of this earth. Right now I think you live on some unknown planet.

I would love to discuss with you "development" because I think you mistake affluence with development. When people engage in poverty creation there is no way on earth that is development. Development is about people. It is not about cement structures, or even shillings and dollars. It is about the happiness of people.

Of course if and when Raila goes to those places, he will have the same message: "You are selling your land to pay fees and buy food. NASA will reduce the cost of living from day one by dismantling famine causing cartels and mafia. NASA will end the payment of school fees and other charges in secondary schools from September. You will therefore have no reason whatever to sell your land".

As usual Jubilee - broke and disorganized - will seize on it and create some narrative.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread