Author Topic: Kiunjuri and Wamalwa Face a Stone Silent Crowd  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Kiunjuri and Wamalwa Face a Stone Silent Crowd
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »
Look at those people and see if you can notice any who will vote for Jubilee. Kiunjuri and Wamalwa do no not realize that the proposals to ban ministers from politics started in Pwani and Kilifi in particular. They think people are ignorant and do not realize that what thex are doing is wrong.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: Kiunjuri and Wamalwa Face a Stone Silent Crowd
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »
Jubilee's disregard for the rules makes Kanu days seem like chid's play. That aside, I never saw any reason to bar CS's from engaging in politics. We still have PS's and the entire structure is intact. CS's report to the serving administration and they will go with it. They have a stake and by extension a right to defend their jobs.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 02:07:23 AM »
Jubilee's disregard for the rules makes Kanu days seem like chid's play. That aside, I never saw any reason to bar CS's from engaging in politics. We still have PS's and the entire structure is intact. CS's report to the serving administration and they will go with it. They have a stake and by extension a right to defend their jobs.
The people decided it. That was the reason for making them apolitical. The people wanted a clean separation of powers between the three arms of government?

There is the other issue of abuse of state resources for partisan politics. When a cs campaigns for one side, he's effectively making a contribution and according the party a benefit from the state. A benefit that is undeserved and with a potential to create an irredeemable imbalance where there should be a level playing ground.

Wamalwa and Kiunjuri are making an illegal campaign finance donation, if you like, to jubilee.

Some countries have gone ahead to create an inspectorate which identifies and calculates the value of such donations which they present to the beneficiary political parties and demand compensation.

In calculating such benefits one has to take into account the resources used and the actual benefits accrued. When a minister sinks votes to a political party, how can that benefit be calculated?

When a minister launches an attack on a citizen say, Raila, how can he be expected to be fair and impartial when administrative issues involving the said citizen come to his desk?

If you read the constitution and the laws, there are many instances where minister are granted discretionary powers to exercise and execute with impartiality. Questions arise when such a minister makes decisions. Nkaissery has powers to declare emergency like situations. How neutral is he?  The minister for finance etc..

I appreciate that we have not gone into that direction like most decent countries. That is an indictment against uhuruto. There willingness to implement the constitution giving effect to the wishes and intentions of the people to build a society governed by law, decorum and fairness has been absent or lacking in passion. Instead they have attempted and some cases succeeded in reversing the gains made.

That Robina is why I am in this. I need no job or money from either side. I want to see what I see in decent countries happening in my country. I need not pay gonya tax.

Iwinjo?
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:38:20 AM »
So why don't we stop the president from campaigning? he is the ultimate Executive, no? Everyone makes partisan choices including the Opposition  and even MPs. The president has to promote and defend  his performance and his handpicked team of assistants  should be allowed  to assist. Distinguiish them from PS, county commissioners, etc, positions which potentially serve any administration. We are a replica of the US system you know,  as decided at Naivasha, where CS Colin Powell openly campaigned for G.W. Bush. The "people" have little to do with it.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
Robina

If you read my response, I explained why CS cannot engage in partisan politics going as far as to explain the foundations for it. Those provisions do not extend to the President. Earlier versions of the draft constitution had proposed that the president vacate membership to any political party. I believe that died in Naivasha when Ruto (with his faction) and Uhuru (having overpowered Kibaki) ganged up to write the constitution as they wished.

What I suggested and you probably missed it is a special office (Inspectorate) to ensure that no state resources are a abused.

That means the president can hold a rally in Nyamira. It is up to the Inspectorate to determine if the rally was political or normal government non partisan business. If its found to be political, it is classified as campaign and a bill sent to the party or person to pay. By consent, political parties usually agree not to contest the findings of the inspectorate or Ombudsman but to conform without question. There have been dissenting actions in some countries, notably the US where decisions have been challenged in court.

The reason the president is asked to pay rather than forced to vacate his limos, is the need to balance between his incumbency and the security it entails and the demands for a level playing ground. So he may accrue a benefit to his campaign but part with its equivalent in monetary terms. In countries where campaign finance is tightly controlled that soon becomes a burden and you see Hilary delaying the involvement of Obama until late in the campaign. Because it was just too expensive.

So why don't we stop the president from campaigning? he is the ultimate Executive, no? Everyone makes partisan choices including the Opposition  and even MPs. The president has to promote and defend  his performance and his handpicked team of assistants  should be allowed  to assist. Distinguiish them from PS, county commissioners, etc, positions which potentially serve any administration. We are a replica of the US system you know,  as decided at Naivasha, where CS Colin Powell openly campaigned for G.W. Bush. The "people" have little to do with it.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »

Kenyan law spefically prohibits CSs from playing politics.  That way instead of Kiunjuri blaming Raila for his own failings, he'd be fully engaged brainstorming the issue.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:28:39 AM »
Kenyan law spefically prohibits CSs from playing politics.  That way instead of Kiunjuri blaming Raila for his own failings, he'd be fully engaged brainstorming the issue.

My issue is not the law - that is why I deplore Jubilee's impunity - but the MERITS of the said law. Why should the handpicked team of the Executive's assistants be barred from marketing, defending, evangelizing the work they have done? None of them survives a change of guard, unlike downstream technocrats. The ombudsman should do his work instead of gagging political appointees from politics.

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »

These guys are hilarious.   From one guy: People are starving, and they are being told not to worry because 400K acres of something are coming in Galana ... oh, that was 1M acres during the last starvation round.  From the other guy: This is some sort of universal thing---just look at this and that country---and there is not much we can do about it; but thank God that we have Uhuru, who works 24/7 to ensure no Kenyan goes to sleep on an empty stomach! Stopped just short of saying we've always starved and begged, so this is how it always is---nothing new here.

Even more amusing: the two guys don't even see how their stories---it's just nature vs. we can do and have been doing something about it---conflict.
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »

My issue is not the law - that is why I deplore Jubilee's impunity - but the MERITS of the said law. Why should the handpicked team of the Executive's assistants be barred from marketing, defending, evangelizing the work they have done? None of them survives a change of guard, unlike downstream technocrats. The ombudsman should do his work instead of gagging political appointees from politics.

If as you mention, this law may have been copied from the US then they should not participate in politics.  As soon as John Kerry was appointed Secretary of State, he stopped speaking for Democrats and spoke for the US.  These dipshits just don't know why they should respect the law.  They can express their political views by implementing the party platform - which they already do through their failed policies and ineptitude.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman