Author Topic: Look at Bosire's Charge Sheet and Laugh  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
Look at Bosire's Charge Sheet and Laugh
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:20 PM »

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Look at Bosire's Charge Sheet and Laugh
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »
No wonder convictions are almost impossible.
If I were a judge, I will certainly throw this out as " Need clarity".

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
That is abuse of police power.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »
Unbelievable.
I knew from the start that CORD MPs were just locked in to deflect the case against MPs Ngunjiri, Waititu and Moses Kuria.

Offline Empedocles

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
I don't see anything to laugh at here.

When tribe is the key factor, each tribe comes up with stuff from their specific POV which only makes sense to their fellow tribes mates.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 03:15:19 PM »
I know some harbor strong faith in the independence of the institutions, including Kenya Police.  Plenty of evidence proves they are independent only in name.  In practice, they are an appendage of the jubilant regime.  They do what Nkaisserry says; he does what he thinks kamwana wants.

The jubilant government is feeding the monster of discrimination and hate.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »
What about the judiciary. They should be able to dismiss such cases.
I know some harbor strong faith in the independence of the institutions, including Kenya Police.  Plenty of evidence proves they are independent only in name.  In practice, they are an appendage of the jubilant regime.  They do what Nkaisserry says; he does what he thinks kamwana wants.

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 03:35:32 PM »

Some individuals have displayed independence.  You could say it is partially that way, but still vulnerable.

My real point though is that a charge such as this should not even make it to court.  Any supervisor at the police department can see it is a joke; but will they be allowed by orders from above to withdraw the case?  No.

In the meantime an innocent man cools his heels in jail, to appease an ethnic base, while raising political temperatures. 
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 03:48:41 PM »
I think judiciary like the police knows that kenyans wanted some strong action on hate speech. Police have asked for 4 days.
Some individuals have displayed independence.  You could say it is partially that way, but still vulnerable.

My real point though is that a charge such as this should not even make it to court.  Any supervisor at the police department can see it is a joke; but will they be allowed by orders from above to withdraw the case?  No.

In the meantime an innocent man cools his heels in jail, to appease an ethnic base, while raising political temperatures. 

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »
I think judiciary like the police knows that kenyans wanted some strong action on hate speech. Police have asked for 4 days.

Any police constable should be able to know that saying that Kenyatta has failed in his responsibility is not an offence.  That is the point that seems to be lost in this conversation.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »
I'd say for trained lawyers...magistrate and chief magistrate to grant this...there must be good grounds...some of the charge sheets you see could be mere propaganda. These guys had the best lawyers and gov had their own DPP lawyers...so unless you've read the magistrate and chief magistrate ruling...I'd be hesitate to imagine the chief magistrate can just reject their pleas.

There must be good grounds to hold these folks for 4 days. Some of them are repeat serial offenders.

Any police constable should be able to know that saying that Kenyatta has failed in his responsibility is not an offence.  That is the point that seems to be lost in this conversation.

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 07:20:26 PM »
I'd say for trained lawyers...magistrate and chief magistrate to grant this...there must be good grounds...some of the charge sheets you see could be mere propaganda. These guys had the best lawyers and gov had their own DPP lawyers...so unless you've read the magistrate and chief magistrate ruling...I'd be hesitate to imagine the chief magistrate can just reject their pleas.

There must be good grounds to hold these folks for 4 days. Some of them are repeat serial offenders.

If those grounds are there, why won't they share them?  What is Bosire charged with?  Are these supposed to be secret trials?

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »
I think the suspect lawyers have the magistrate rulling. All theses were covered by the media. I am sure you can find the videos. The chief magistrate gave a summary ruling and promised to get the whole shebang today.

CORD are getting hot under the collar coz they've their chief war monger a little scared..mr muthamia. Jubilee have let their chief war mongers tough it out.

If those grounds are there, why won't they share them?  What is Bosire charged with?  Are these supposed to be secret trials?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 07:35:26 PM »
That is my point.
There is no clarity in this charges, so a magistrate will throw it out.
Magistrates dont interpret gray areas, it has to be specific.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 06:22:44 PM »
While the story appears balanced, the Nation I am afraid has been extremely biased in its libelous pursuit of CORD politicians. I wonder how much damage Tom Mshindi will cause before he is fired. All day yesterday Nation TV had the caption: Hate Speech Warriors. Which of those 8 has been convicted? I hope some of the accused sue that corrupt and tribalized media house.

And Pundit, I do not post forgeries. Those are genuine charge sheets. A fake statement allegedly from Kuria was posted, I was the first to point out the fact.

Here is the summary
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Court-detains-Cord-Jubilee-politicians-in-hate-speech-probe/-/1056/3249748/-/q1ql8vz/-/index.html

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »
Here is the summary
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Court-detains-Cord-Jubilee-politicians-in-hate-speech-probe/-/1056/3249748/-/q1ql8vz/-/index.html
The link says nothing informative.  I understand they are in for hate speech or something like that.  I also know about Moses Kuria's anti-Raila speech and Ngunjiri's anti-Luo tirade. 

I have no idea what specifically Waititu, Muthama, Jumwa, Mutua, Bosire did?

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »
These guys had the best lawyers and gov had their own DPP lawyers...so unless you've read the magistrate a
  I'd be hesitate to imagine the chief magistrate can just reject their pleas.

The quality of the defense and prosecution lawyers has no bearing on the quality of the judges.   Of the last, you had this to say on another thread (while blaming Mutunga for all sorts of things):

Judges are still out there issuing sub-standard judgement in exercise books.
http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=3096.msg21624#msg21624

(I assume this is in the same judiciary.)
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline Simanova

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 11:26:19 PM »
 :D
These guys had the best lawyers and gov had their own DPP lawyers...so unless you've read the magistrate a
  I'd be hesitate to imagine the chief magistrate can just reject their pleas.

The quality of the defense and prosecution lawyers has no bearing on the quality of the judges.   Of the last, you had this to say on another thread (while blaming Mutunga for all sorts of things):

Judges are still out there issuing sub-standard judgement in exercise books.
http://www.nipate.org/index.php?topic=3096.msg21624#msg21624

(I assume this is in the same judiciary.)