Author Topic: Corruption Tally To Date  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Corruption Tally To Date
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:42:26 PM »
for the year 2015?

I know the stories just come and go.  But I don't get the impression that anyone keeps a tally of the confirmed thefts.  Does anyone care?

I am opening the tally with Waiguru's Ksh. 800 million.  If you know of other thefts, feel free to share them, and also update this thread.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
Re: Corruption Tally To Date
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 11:08:09 PM »
for the year 2015?

I know the stories just come and go.  But I don't get the impression that anyone keeps a tally of the confirmed thefts.  Does anyone care?

I am opening the tally with Waiguru's Ksh. 800 million.  If you know of other thefts, feel free to share them, and also update this thread.

Interesting "question".   Something I saw in the DN a couple of days ago was to the effect that it is in the "Goldenburg" range, whatever that means.

I am more interested in your question in a different way: Why should you have to ask?   Why isn't that number readily available from some Opposition webpage etc.?  If I were in that lot, I would be bombarding the public---TV, Internet, etc.---with the equivalent of an A4 summary of such numbers ... in the colours of the national flag ... with greens turning into a sickly brown or  yellow, the reds "dripping like blood", blacks hinting at coffins, etc.  and for detailed numbers go to http://www... or call this number 24/7.

Still, the real answer is in your opener.    The truth is that most Kenyans don't really care.   True, they will whine and whine and whine about corruption, but that's only if they are at the sticky end.   Otherwise, your average Kenyan is very happy to bribe, if he or she thinks there is an advantage to it, or to accept bribes.    The problem most have is not with the eating of itself; it is with others eating.   That is the way it will be until people have had enough and really want change, which they can then bring about by starting with the proper exercising their democratic rights.   ("Character", "integrity", "performance on the job", .... these are never heard of around Kenyan elections.)
MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.