Author Topic: China GDP grew 19% in Q1  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
China GDP grew 19% in Q1
« on: April 16, 2021, 07:24:00 AM »
19% YoY  obviously skewed by -7% Q1 2020. Total lockdown. But that still very sterling... overall 2021 expected to hit 8.6%

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-gdp-poll-idINKBN2C20Q0

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: China GDP grew 19% in Q1
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 07:46:11 AM »
China left everyone suffering from their corona and seem to have gone on with life. They really  need to do more to fix the mess...fund vaccines to Africa and poor countries for start.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 08:14:45 AM »
Cinku man always massaging his GDP figures, we don't believe it.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Online Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 12:25:12 PM »
You are dreaming. All of the talk is of the Western countries funding for vaccines for poorer countries. China is nowhere to be seen. It is as if the Chinese have nothing to do with the cause or elimination of the pandemic. Even the Chinese covid-19 vaccines are up for sale. Little talk of donations.

China left everyone suffering from their corona and seem to have gone on with life. They really  need to do more to fix the mess...fund vaccines to Africa and poor countries for start.

Online Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 12:27:38 PM »
China has recovered. The whole world needs masks, medical attire, needles etc and most of these are made in China. China is the biggest beneficiary of this pandemic. How ironical. :o

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 12:53:39 PM »
Political pressure is lacking; Trump was doing a good job reminding China their responsibility to fix their mess.
You are dreaming. All of the talk is of the Western countries funding for vaccines for poorer countries. China is nowhere to be seen. It is as if the Chinese have nothing to do with the cause or elimination of the pandemic. Even the Chinese covid-19 vaccines are up for sale. Little talk of donations.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 01:11:16 PM »

Lazy Uhuru needs to work the phone. Rwanda is almost Israel level with mass jabbing.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 01:15:12 PM »
Political pressure is lacking; Trump was doing a good job reminding China their responsibility to fix their mess.

There is MASSIVE political pressure on China and not just on covid-19. They are too big and powerful now... immune to US and EU sanctions. They are handling Taiwan like a squatter after nailing Hongkong. I think they have a massive navy now nothing US or Nato can do. US seem to be in panic mode with some kneejerk QUAD thing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 01:38:16 PM »
Not when he is petty and banning Sptunik coz Ruto took it.

Lazy Uhuru needs to work the phone. Rwanda is almost Israel level with mass jabbing.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 02:01:04 PM »
China has the economic, diplomatic, military and technological power to take on the west.

World War Xi: Inside China's cold war with the West

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »
Yeah. But China has been dishing out vaccines in bulk to poor countries. I think Uhuru and MoH thugs are not keen to go for the free stuff.

Not when he is petty and banning Sptunik coz Ruto took it.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 02:52:59 PM »

That is simply the opposite of truth!  :o

Only India, Russia, and China so far have given out free vaccines to poor countries! The US only gave 11 million vaccines to Mexico and Canada ONLY, those with whom it shares a border. And poor countries PLUS WHO have been begging the US and other Western countries since Jan to let India and S.Africa produce vaccines cheaply for poor countries but the West is CHOOSING to protect the patents of their pharmaceuticals, instead. Tafadhali, soma hapa: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/16/us-senators-call-on-biden-to-back-covid-vaccine-patent-waive

Ten Democratic and progressive senators are urging US President Joe Biden to back India and South Africa’s appeal to the World Trade Organization to temporarily relax intellectual property rules so coronavirus vaccines can be manufactured by nations that are struggling to inoculate their populations.

The lawmakers, in a letter delivered to the White House on Thursday, wrote that Biden should “prioritize people over pharmaceutical company profits” and support the temporary waiver that could pave the way for generic or other manufacturers to make more vaccines, particularly in low- and middle-income countries who have struggled to gain access to doses.

How this can be twisted into "Only the West are talking donations while China shuts up" is truly shocking to me.  :o

China started its "vaccine diplomacy" last year. The West has ONLY gotten involved, quite late and not even serious about it, only due to jitters that China will gain influence if it's seen to be giving out free vaccines while the West hoard all the good ones for their populations only.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russia-china-are-beating-u-s-vaccine-diplomacy-experts-say-n1262742
https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2021/4/5/chinas-vaccine-diplomacy-stumbles-in-southeast-asia

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 03:19:45 PM »
Kadame - Kadudu is well known to be anti-China. The only surprise here is that you are surprised by his comments.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 03:23:10 PM »
Kadame - Kadudu is well known to be anti-China. The only surprise here is that you are surprised by his comments.
:D I will stop being surprised now, lol.

Online Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 03:28:36 PM »
 :D :D :D
Am anti-China? I love Chinses food.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 04:11:00 PM »
To the contrary, China always underplays its projections. I already saw some economists predicting it'd have 8% growth, not the 6% it had put out last year. 8.6% looks like even they may have underplayed things.

This means only that China is right on schedule for that 2028 over-taking. Some people had been saying it might be pushed further away since the U.S. was projected to grow at 8% this year due to the stimulus package and China was to grow at 6% only.

Of course, per IMF and WB, using ppp GDP, China already passed the U.S. back in 2014 (or was it 2018)? It'll be double the U.S. by 2030. But 2028 is still the date for the nominal GDP take-over event. After that, there'll be no more room to argue that America is no. 1. It'll still have the baddest military, but that's only a matter of time, since no one (presumably) wants to commit suicide simply over not being no. 1.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 04:30:35 PM »
US will be eclipsed militarily before the economic overtaking. We only lead in conventional arms but 5G, space, EVs and everything else we are behind. Have you seen the fortified artificial islands in the Spratlies and Paracels? 8) You need to understand the Chinese innovative productive prowess is through the roof. They are rolling out those aircraft carriers like jua kali sufurias. Once they become self-sufficient in chips they will dominate hitec. Made in China 2025 is a very realistic plan.

Online Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 04:33:17 PM »
Btw, why are we so fancinated by the US or China on who is on top? What is there for Kenya and Africa should be the major topicn and not the way we are spectators while others share the world's spoils among themselves.

US will be eclipsed militarily before the economic overtaking. Have you seen the fortified artificial islands in the Spratlies and Paracels? 8) We only lead in conventional arms but 5G, space, EVs and everything else we are behind. You need to understand the Chinese innovative productive prowess is through the roof. They are rolling out those aircraft carriers like jua kali sufurias. Once they become self-sufficient in chips they will dominate hitec. Made in China 2025 is a very realistic plan.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 04:39:53 PM »
You are a well known Sinophobe; it is all over this blog.

:D :D :D
Am anti-China? I love Chinses food.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 04:43:41 PM »
US will be eclipsed militarily before the economic overtaking. We only lead in conventional arms but 5G, space, EVs and everything else we are behind. Have you seen the fortified artificial islands in the Spratlies and Paracels? 8) You need to understand the Chinese innovative productive prowess is through the roof. They are rolling out those aircraft carriers like jua kali sufurias. Once they become self-sufficient in chips they will dominate hitec. Made in China 2025 is a very realistic plan.
That's true. I read somewhere that U.S. belligerence/tantrums have forced China to seriously kick its military investments into high gear. All really bad news for the world, of course, so I don't know why the west is behaving this way. The Chinese have shown no interest in messing with the West; just in not being controlled and protecting their routes to energy resources, trade, and historical claims.

Btw, why are we so fancinated by the US or China on who is on top? What is there for Kenya and Africa should be the major topicn and not the way we are spectators while others share the world's spoils among themselves.
It'll be a whole new ball game: New international trading rules. There's a VERY good chance that poor countries will be able to trade in much fairer terms. Kwanza if the Belt-and-Road Initiative gets accomplished. It'll make the U.S.s 800+ naval bases virtually useless as an obstructionist tool.

Also, my biggest beef with the U.S. hegemony has been its penchant for destroying entire regions/nations: Latin America and the Middle East. We just might see fewer of those misadventures. China has shown VERY little interest in playing world police.